Monday, July 28, 2008

Energy conservation and TWF

What a difference a day makes! I feel 100% better than I did yesterday. I slept well and woke with a wonderful energy level.

Of course, I'm also aware that this "energy level" is something that must be nurtured and taken care of. Utilized in small measures and rationed. Before I learned that, I would bound out of bed, thrilled to be feeling "normal" in terms of energy. I'd cram as much activity as I could in the shortest amount of time. Run all my errands, clean the house, throw some laundry in...and the result? MAJOR crash and burn. TWF (Train Wreck Fatigue) would roll into the station and take me out with it. It would take me DAYS to recover.

Now I know. Pacing myself is the key. When my mind and body thinks I have the energy to do four things...I do TWO. Then rest. A few hours later, if I feel I have the energy to do three things, I do ONE. I find the energy I have lasts longer and I'm actually more productive. Instead of trying to cram everything in before the energy runs out, I take my time and get things done without TWF arriving.

Of course, this is MUCH easier said than done. Especially if you have a family and work. (I have a wonderfully supportive husband, a full time job and am building my own business). So, how do you manage it all? Conserve energy, avoid exacerbation's and LIVE your life??? Good question. My answer: Through Faith, Hope and the love and support of family and friends. Some days are better than others. Thankfully, I have many more good days than not.

No comments: