Friday, August 29, 2008

What a difference.

What a difference two days make. It's been 48 hours since the last steroid infusion. I feel like I'm coming out from the fog. Spent most of today sleeping recovering from 5 days of steroid induced insomnia. The metallic taste is finally gone from my mouth (YEAH) so I can sip lemonade again without tasting dirty pennies! While I'm really weak (I'm using the walker) I physically FEEL better. Those steroid side effects are brutal. I just hope this time it did it's job. Of course, time will tell. I see no improvement with my eye, but I'm fully aware it will take time to see if it worked and time for things to heal. I'm now starting to focus on Texas. I'm nervous about it, but very excited too. I've seen how Dr. Rhodes' treatment program works and I see no reason it won't work for me too. I'm literally counting the days until I go. Of course, I'm well aware that when I return I'm off of UCLA and discussions of Novantrone therapy (which I'm NOT looking forward to), but I'm going to do whatever it takes to get back on my feet again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did your doc offer to taper you off infusion with a few days of prednisone?

Kimberly said...

No tapering this time. Frankly, I'm glad. No more steroids!