Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I've lost my sense of humor.....

and don't know where to find it. My sense of humor regarding dealing with MS anyway. I follow other blogs written by folks dealing with MS. (Some, on a daily basis as they post as regularly as I do). Their blogs are filled with wit and humor in dealing with MS. They always seem to find something funny to write about daily with their experience. Well, right now I don't see anything to be witty or humorous about regarding my journey with MS. Not right now. I find nothing funny in stumbling around. Even using a cane. Nothing funny about having to literally lift my left leg to get in and out of the car. I am not amused with the fact I can no longer get in and out of my bathtub, my huge, wonderful soaking bathtub, without help. Nothing remotely witty about the MS induced insomnia and pain. Nope. Nothing funny there at all. So, instead of focusing on the negative aspects of MS, I'm focusing on what I'm going to DO about it. The first step was getting my hind end to Texas and starting treatment. I'll be going back before the holidays for more treatments, but haven't decided the exact dates yet. The second step is following the treatments and keeping my expectations REALISTIC. (That step is in progress). The third step is simply doing the best I can with the cards MS has dealt me. I'm working on that. I try not to allow any limitations stop me from doing what I want to do. I may have to modify things, but I don't let it stop me. Really, I think "Not letting it stop me", is my overall goal with MS. Goes back to the decision to live my life and not the disease.

No comments: