Thursday, December 04, 2008

Baby steps

It's been a good day today. My energy level in the morning was great. Of course, it faded rapidly in the afternoon. I used my walker the majority of the day in an attempt to stay out of the chair. I'm still wobbly and need the chair for anything that requires distances longer than my hallway, but it's a start. So, I took it easy this afternoon. Caught up on some of my Tivo (I love Greys Anatomy) and just vegged out after the afternoon bible study group. (I host at my house once a week). It's shot night tonight, (UGH). Thankfully the protocols have been pretty helpful with some of the side effects. If I run the protocols first thing in the morning the body aches are much easier to tolerate and not as severe. I am so envious of the folks that don't have any side effects with their Rebif injections. I usually feel like I've been run over by a semi, twice, the next day. Not pleasant. Until this summer I often wondered if the cure was worse than the disease. Now, I'd be afraid NOT to take the Rebif, no matter how challenging the side effects are. I'm running my MS protocol now, cuddled up with my cat Maggie in bed. At the end of this protocol, I'll run my sleep protocol and hopefully get a good nights sleep. My hip pain and insomnia are the two things I continue to really battle with. They are both a little better, but have a long way to go. However, I am thrilled to be able to use the walker again, even if it is just for short distances. A little progress is better than none at all! Like Dr. Rhodes said, "Baby steps".

No comments: