Saturday, February 28, 2009

Strength and other MS blogs

Today was a day that got better as it progressed. Physically I'm feeling better as the pain that resulted from the procedures is better. My knee is still swollen, but instead of being the size of a melon it's now the size of a grapefruit. My pelvis may be slightly better, but still has a long way to go. Thank God for Vicodin. It doesn't take the pain away, just makes it bearable. It's frustrating when you can't sit, stand or even lay down without pain. As long as I lie on my right side I do fairly well. Constant pain tends to make you forget everything else that's going on in your life. The good and the bad. Fortunately, the MS is behaving itself and other than my "normal" MS weakness etc. no new symptoms have popped up. In fact, for the first time in awhile MS is not to focal point of all my concerns. Now I can concentrate on everything else going on in my life. Like getting my knee and pelvis fixed. This may sound strange, but as stressful as our lives have been over the past 9 months with my injuries, MS exacerbation's and other things going on, Mark and I have not only managed to keep our marriage intact, but it's even stronger. That's pretty amazing considering this all started 6 weeks after we got married last April. Just shows that when you are truly committed to one another a marriage can survive whatever challenge is thrown at it. As I said in my last blog entry: I'm focusing on all my blessings. It's not always easy to do. There have been many times over the last year when I really wanted to give up and stop fighting the many challenges that were before me. Things were overwhelming and it seemed like I was being attacked from all sides. Even my own body was waging a war against me. Several friends have asked me how I continue on. How I stay strong. I know I couldn't stay strong without 5 things: My faith, my husband, my family, my friends and my fellow bloggers. I rarely mention other bloggers, even though I have links to several of their blogs on mine. I read their blogs daily. The common thread I see in all the blogs is the internal strength each of these individuals have. They have no idea how each one of them has touched my life and helped me cope when things seemed pretty bleak. Reading about their struggles reminded me I wasn't alone in my fight with MS. They made me laugh and gave me a new perspective, and continue to do so. If you haven't clicked on the links to the other blogs on my blog, please do so. Let them share their personal journeys with MS with you.

No comments: