Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring improvement project....

I've been doing pretty well MS wise. I seem to be managing my stress better (which will help in more areas besides the MS). I've been feeling better and weathering all the non-MS pain I have. My back pain has been progressively worse over the past year. NO FUN. The back seems to be one area that when you hurt it, it never gets better. As if the MS hadn't limited my mobility enough! Right now is the perfect weather (here) for my MS. It's beautiful outside with a maximum high of the mid 60's. Cool enough to need a sweater, but warm enough to enjoy being outside again. I've made a promise to myself to be more active this year. Even in the chair. I'm going to make an effort to start wheeling around the block every day when the weather allows. Get a little exercise and fresh air, drop a little weight. I've been cooped up in the house for the majority of the last 10 months. (I fell May 18th). It's time to get out again. Of course, I can't simply hop in the car and visit folks. With my back I can't lift the chair and I don't have a modified vehicle. That's something we're starting to look into. It would be great. Well, that's my update. The new project this spring is ME. Wish me luck!

No comments: