Monday, April 27, 2009

Hospitalized

I was admitted to the hospital for the first time yesterday related to an MS exacerbation. In a nut shell I lost the vision in my right eye. I've had two doses of IV steroids and the plan is for a total of 5, then off to a rehab center. (I guess they have evaluated me and come to the collective conclusion that I've deteriorated significantly in the last year. (DUH). I'm actually all for rehab. There focus will be on learning adaptive ways to do the things I struggle with doing, thus regaining more of my Independence. Now that I have my lap top I'll blog about my first MS hospital experience. So far I have to say the Nursing staff, PT, OT and even the physician's have been wonderful. They each have actually LISTENED to what I have to say. Even asked me what MY expectations were. What a concept. One of the relatively new issues I've been not being able to urinate. According the the bladder scan they just did it looks like I've earned a free cath. UGH. I wonder if it will be an in and out or a foley. I hope it's a one time deal and not a precursor of things to come.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hang in there my dear friend. I wish I had known about you. We went to the Tony Melendez concert Sunday and I have to tell you Tony asked us to pray for someone that really needs prayer and i thought about you. I had not heard from you and I felt something was wrong. Remember God is with you and Loves you and so do I. My prayers are with you and May God Bless you. Thank you for the update.

Blessings and Lots of Love,

Maria