Thursday, July 09, 2009

294th Post....and I still ramble

Amazing this is my 294th post and it hasn't been quite a year yet since I began this blog. Blogging for me has been an absolutely amazing experience. I started my blog never intending to share it with anyone else. It was going to be a private form of "therapy'. A place where I could rant and rave with no one to hear me when I lost my mind. 4 years after diagnosis and MS still strikes terror in my head and my heart.

Thankfully, my blog WAS discovered and I became a member of a very select group. Those who have MS and aren't afraid to talk about it. To be honest about it and to "put it all out there" for the world to see. Some of it isn't pretty. It's hard to read about a fellow blogger who is going through a rough time because of the MS. Not only because I hate to hear of anyone suffering, but also because I always wonder....will I be the next one that happens too? I'm sure when I was blogging about my hospitalization and rehab that very thought crossed the minds of the MSers that follow my blog.

We all wonder. How effected by the MS will I be? Will I be one of the "lucky" one's where MS is merely an "inconvenience" in my life? Something I take a shot for, but other than that have no symptoms that interfere with our life. Will I be able to work, work out at the gym, and travel?

Or, we will be one of the MSers that has a really tough time. Steroid treatments numerous times through out the year, painful neuropathy, depression, insomnia, hospitalization, rehab and a gradual loss of mobility until your wheelchair dependant.

It's a total crap shoot.

Despite the path our journey with MS takes on on, each of us was really blessed when we found our circle of online MSers. None of us knows where our journey with MS will take us. All we can do is pray for the best and rely on those who are there to lend support. Those who care, even if it's someone you may never meet in person.

2 comments:

Herrad said...

Hi Kimberly,

Very glad I found your blog, very glad.
Hope you have a good day tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad

Kimberly said...

Hope your doing well Herrad. Blogger has been making me crazy the last few days with losing my new post and error codes. I'll attmpt to catch everyone up again, perhaps this evening.

Stay cool!

Hugs!