Sunday, August 09, 2009

Year two. August 9th

Haven't blogged lately as we were away on vacation. While I could have blogged, (I never travel without my laptop), I decided to take a break. No blogging, no cell phone, no TV. It was absolute bliss. If I can figure out HOW, I'll post some video I took of the ranch. I got a new Flip Video (Which is awesome) for the trip and had a lot of fun zipping around the ranch in my scooter shooting it.

Today begins year two of blogging.

I've been doing pretty well with the MS lately, all things considered. I'm only having two side effects from the Copaxone: Site reactions with bruising and joint pain. The site reactions are no big deal. I can deal with that as well as the awful burning that follows the injection. (Feels like I was bit by fire ants). The joint pain may be a deal breaker. The joints in my hands hurt so badly it hurts to try and grasp anything and one finger is so painful it hurts to move it at all.

As far as MS symptoms, I've developed this "Hum" in my left heel and fingers. Hum is the best way I can describe it. It's a very weird feeling that comes and goes. It's not painful in the least, but it's annoying when it goes on for awhile.

I go to UCLA on Wednesday to see if I meet the criteria for Tysabri infusion. It will also be interesting to see if they take me off of any of my current medications. I'm on so many of them. At least I'm done with the steroids. The last dose was August 2nd. I won't do them again unless my eyes are effected. I was on the steroids for over 3 months. I gained so much weight it's beyond pathetic, which in turn makes me feel terrible about myself. I know it will come off with time, so I'm hanging in there with that issue.

My power wheelchair should be ready for delivery. They expected it to come in last week, so I'll be calling first thing in the morning to see if they have it.

Well that's all for now, I need to catch up on reading your blogs to see what you each have been up to over the past week!

No comments: