Saturday, October 03, 2009

Fall, quilting and time on my hands......

Using my machine faithfully and have been seeing some baby steps of progress and then a set back yesterday. I ended up having to use my chair as the combination of my balance and my energy level were shot. It's not like I don't have enough enforced down time having to sit still for 40 minutes every 3.5 hours throught the day. Plus sitting still time while I'm quilting. Of course, I can only sit before so long before I have to lay down due to my back.

I had labs drawn and my CBC was normal as was my thyroid so the fatigue is all MS related. My liver enzymes were also a bit elevated, not suprising due to the injection I was taking prior to the Copaxone. My glusose was also a bit high, not suprising for just ending 4 solid months of steroids with no break. All in all pretty expected. The fatigue is just kicking my hind end the past two weeks. Any one have any ideas?

I started working on a new quilt. A crazy log quilt using Christmas themed fabric. I hope to have the top piecing done in another week or so. As soon as I have it done I'll take a picture and post it here.

The weather here today is in the low 70's and supposed to drop again next week. (Yeah). Perfect weather for home made split pea soup. (That's on the menu for dinner tonight).

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Herrad said...

Hi Kimberly,
Came by to say hello, wonder whether your drop in energy lvels has anything to do with the chang e in the weather?
Have a good weekend.
Love,
Herrad
ps split pea soup is one of my favourite hope it is tasty.

Kimberly said...

Good point Herrad. I love the weather, but you may be right. Maybe it has to do with changes in pressure.