Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Accupuncture anyone?

Well, yesterday was treatment number two using accupuncture. I'm actually being treated for a bad back and he's thrown stress in there as well. (Nice fella huh)?

Following the first treatment the pain relief lasted a few hours. Which, believe me, was bliss. The stress relief part made me very relaxed. Until I got home to the denial letter from Social Security (but that was already covered in a previous blog). This time, the pain relief lasted about the same, but the relaxation lasted into the evening. I go back tomorrow for another round.

I talked to the accupuncturist (is that a word?), about my MS. He said there are various things that can be done through accupuncture, in fact he has several MS patients that see him FOR their MS. For now, we're going to concentrate on my back and stress and possibly add MS to the mix at a later date.

So, if you can try it! It really doesn't hurt and it works without any medication side effects! What have you got to lose?

1 comment:

Julie M. Baker said...

I miss acupuncture and, yes, acupuncturist is a word. :-) I haven't had any treatments since MS diagnosis but it has helped me a lot previously with stomach and knee issues.. It's just hard now between the transportation and the money but I need to push this up on the want list since I remember how relaxed I felt afterward.
Ki;or