Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 4 of Treatment

Day four over and done. I feel pretty darn good. Doc added two more protocols to my treatments. Means I'll be running the machine three times a day instead of just two. Fine with me. It's working and I feel SO much better. He evan gave me a protocol to run next week after I see the dentist! WOW!

I've asked Doc to give me a written explanation of exactly how the machine works so I can post it on here. All I know is it's working and I feel like a different person.

Tomorrow we'll be re-doing some of the testing we did Monday so we have actual numbers to measure my improvement. I'm especially interested in the Vibration Perception Threshold (VPT). (This test indicates whether or not the large sensory nerve endings in the feet are functioning within normal limits. Elevated VPT numbers indicate dysfunction of these nerve endings which will cause problems with balance, coordination, and walking. The VPT numbers are always out of whack with MS patients). My number we're seriously messed up. Will be interesting to see if the VPT test shows what I think it will. My balance is starting to improve!

I'll keep you all posted!

No comments: